A premium Marquis DuraCover does more than simply enclose your hot tub. Its custom-fit design reduces heat loss and evaporation, saving money on utility bills. It protects your hot tub’s acrylic surface from abrasion, sun damage, debris and wild critters, and is the only hot tub cover in compliance with Marquis’ spa-shell warranty.1
Do you live in a windy area, or have young children or small pets? DuraCovers are UL-approved safety covers, equipped with top-quality safety locks to keep the cover in place and secure. Each DuraCover includes an embedded C-channel support to resist drooping or buckling, especially helpful in areas prone to heavy rain or snow. One DuraCover is included with each new hot tub purchase.
DURACOVER STANDARD FEATURES
- Form-fitting insulated skirt
- Full-length linear heat seal along the fold2
- High-density foam insulation
- Marine-grade double-stitched vinyl
- Tapered profile allows rain and standing water to drain quickly
- Embedded galvanized-steel C-channel support to resist drooping or buckling from snow or ice
- Tie-down straps, key safety locks, and triple-reinforced fasteners to prevent unwanted cover removal
- Tested and certified to meet or exceed ASTM F1346-91 safety specifications, and carrying an ASTM Certificate of Product Compliance by Smith-Emery Laboratories and UL-approved
- One year warranty from date of purchase
1Use of generic aftermarket covers will void the Marquis spa-shell warranty.
2Full-length linear heat seal available on Signature Series model year 2012 and newer, Vector21 and Celebrity Elite Series, and Celebrity Series (non-Elite) model year 2019 and newer. Excludes the e-Series.
REPLACEMENT HOT TUB COVERS
If you own a Marquis hot tub model year 1997 or newer, a replacement DuraCover is available for purchase through your local Marquis Dealer. If you do not know the model year or model name, make note of your hot tub’s serial number before contacting your dealer since it will help them determine the correct cover size. The serial number is located inside your hot tub’s equipment bay, and may also be stamped on a silver tag affixed to the base (or kick plate) below the equipment bay.
HOT TUB COVER LIFTS
A hot tub cover lift makes it much easier to remove your DuraCover and return it to a closed position. Beneficial for all hot tub owners, but especially helpful for petite adults or those who find it difficult to lift 25 pounds (11 kg) or more. Marquis-approved cover lifts are made from powder-coated aluminum, which is corrosion-resistant even when scratched. A variety of mounting styles are available, and some cover lifts feature a shock-assisted lifting mechanism.
Lift mounts directly to the hot tub cabinet and into the frame. To ensure fasteners penetrate into the hot tub frame, mounting brackets should typically be located one inch beneath the acrylic lip or near the base of the cabinet.
- CoverCaddy™: May be cabinet-mounted or used with an understyle base plate beneath the hot tub to leverage its weight. Arms fold away when not in use. Shock assist makes removing the cover a breeze. Perfect for Vector21 hot tubs.
- Cover Catch™: Two U-shaped arms hold the cover at the side of the spa about 12 inches (30 cm) off the ground. Arms fold away when not in use. Great for smaller hot tubs.
- Cover Companion™: Marquis’ most popular cover lift. Stores cover on one side of the hot tub and drops it about 8 to 12 inches (20 to 30 cm). Included in the Signature Ultimate Package.
- CoverMate II™ with bracket: Mounts toward the bottom of the cabinet and stores cover behind the spa, allowing greater visibility. Great for Vector21 hot tubs.
- CoverMate III™: A bracket supports the pivot arm and uses a shock assist to easily move the cover up and down, locking it into place. The pivot will not release with the lock in place. Cover is stored on one side of the hot tub and leans slightly inward.
Lift mounts directly into a plate or base instead of mounting to the hot tub cabinet and frame. Avoids marring the hot tub cabinet with screw holes.
- CoverCaddy™: May be used with an understyle base plate beneath the hot tub to leverage its weight. May also be cabinet-mounted. Arms fold away when not in use. Shock assist makes removing the cover a breeze. Perfect for Vector21 hot tubs.
- CoverMate II™ Understyle: Mounts to understyle base plate instead of cabinet mounting. Stores cover behind the spa allowing for greater visibility. Great for Vector21 hot tubs.
- CoverMate Freestyle™: Understyle base helps to counterbalance the lift instead of using the weight of the hot tub. Shock assist makes removing the cover a breeze. Great for round hot tubs and Vector21 models (except for the V94 and V94L).
For recessed installations or hot tubs located next to a raised deck, lift mounts directly to the deck instead of mounting to the hot tub cabinet and frame. Avoids marring the hot tub cabinet with screw holes.
- CoverMate III™ Deck Mount: Same as the standard CoverMate III, with shock assist and locking, but able to be deck mounted. Stands the cover up starting at the lip of the hot tub.
COVER LIFT SPECIFICATIONS
|SHOCK ASSIST||MOUNTING||FITS COVERS||CLEARANCE (BACK)||CLEARANCE (EACH SIDE)|
|CoverCaddy™||Yes||Understyle or cabinet mounted||Up to 96 in (244 cm)||36 in (92 cm)||None|
|Cover Catch™||No||Cabinet mounted||Up to 84 in (214 cm)||10 in (26 cm)||None|
|Cover Companion™||No||Cabinet mounted||Up to 96 in (244 cm)||10-15 in (26-38 cm)||4 in (11 cm)|
|CoverMate Freestyle™||Yes||Understyle||Up to 84 in (214 cm)||20 in (51 cm)||6 in (16 cm)|
|CoverMate II™ Understyle||No||Understyle||Up to 96 in (244 cm)||18 in (46 cm)||4 in (11 cm)|
|CoverMate II™ with bracket||No||Cabinet mounted||Up to 96 in (244 cm)||18 in (46 cm)||4 in (11 cm)|
|CoverMate III™||Yes||Cabinet mounted||Up to 96 in (244 cm)||6 in (16 cm)||4 in (11 cm)|
|CoverMate III™ Deck Mount||Yes||Deck mount||Up to 96 in (244 cm)||6 in (16 cm)||4 in (11 cm)|